Monday, April 24, 2006

Yes, I now charge a fee too...

So, first, I want to thank ALL the people who read this for asking me to write, and again not leaving comments about almost anything... I know, life's hectic, but, come on, something...

Now, let's stop the whining, and blog some cool stuff (I think it's cool, and that's the opinion that counts here)...

Well, my buddy, Danny the Tiger (ask him why about his nickname) sent the link to http://www.iwillteachyoutoberich.com, and the guy got this list about stuff that people hate to pay for. I noticed something quite odd about it, most of the stuff we hate to pay seem to be fees. So, why do we pay them? 'Cause they're included in the price, and we can't get out of them.

So, as of now, I'm inventing the "line-invention" fee. Yes, I'll charge a $0.05 for every line of code I create. If I modify code, that's OK, but if it's a brand new line of code (with text on it, blank lines don't count), I want an extra nickel. I think it is fair. Say, a new IF would only add like $0.35 to the software, that's not a lot. Oh, and I will get hold of $0.01 of your "line-invention" fee, 'cause I invented it.

No comments: