Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Findings of the Work Week

Well, last week I tried to make a little experiment. I just tought what would happen if I really focused on the job from 8am-5pm. My point was trying to prove myself wrong; since I did'nt think it would make a huge performance difference.

Well, no hotmail, no messenger, no blogging... and... here are the findings:

Findings:

Most Important: My perfomance didn't gain a thing from trying to be focused on working. All I got was this huge need on Thursday, Friday, and specially Saturday of not even looking at the screen. I did manage to get work done, however, it was the same as if I have spread the job in more hours.

Most Interesting: In a meeting we had on Monday, I found out ALL my coworkers are late pretty much the same as I am. It's more 'cause of the fact that customers keep inventing features and middle management keeps dreaming that you can actually be on schedule when that's happening.

Saddest: My coworkers suffer this delusion that if they stay 'till dawn at work, they will be on schedule, and that that's what they should be doing.

Funniest: One guy who actually did work 'till dawn several days nearly had a seizure during the office. The poor guy kept counting his discussion items as "Second point!" even though he said like six.

Most Expected: No matter how hard I tried to work, even if I were the fastest programmer in this country, I would have ended being late. On Thursday they added (and removed, and changed) buttons, screens, and functions. Of course, they would like them to be ready this week for tests.

No comments: