Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I'm really trying to get work done.

Well, this week it was Labour Day, so we got a free Monday, that's cool. So, this week I'm trying to really get some work done for the company (as opposed to last week when I didn't really get much done).

I'm sitting here, trying to create this new screen based on the design they gave me, and... I just don't really understand it. There's at least 6 buttons that I just don't know what they are supposed to do. They just created a document with the buttons, but no explanation, and of course, no functionality in them. Yes, I emailed the people who are supposed to know, or, at least put me in contact with the people who know. I'm still waiting...

Oh, and before you ask, no, I don't have a phone here... we moved like two months ago, and apparently they're not installing phones for the "outsourcers", so I couldn't be watching the file while I ask anything... What is really odd is that we all DO have email. However, even after sending the questions written, this lady took two weeks to answer something, AFTER I wrote my questions on a paper (no printer either) and asked for a phone from somebody else.

The really funny part is the "we are delayed" I get almost daily, to which I answer: "Ok, just how do I program THIS button, or this one, please? Who knows?". I don't know, I just program. I'm not really good at guessing what a button is supposed to do. Especially, since the customer is a bank, and I'm dealing with the personal loans process.

No comments: