Friday, May 05, 2006

"Well, I have other stuff to do..."

tHAT WAS MY POLITE ANSWER TO YESTERDAY'S (Thurday'S) question. The middle manager gets here, and finally asks how is the project looking according to the deadline. I start showing him what's ready and what's not, and the guy starts asking me why to every "not ready".

I tell him that many of the things I'm supposed to program, I don't know how they work. The emails I send usually take some 3 hours to get answered, if they get answered at all. So he's worried that we're not meeting deadline. (If only you guys had tought of it before, and answered me like a week ago...) Well, so the guy looks puzzled and asks "So at what hour are you leaving usually?". I was very tempted to lie and say 6-6:30 pm, but I remembered I'm not into lying as much as before, so I say "5-5:15'ish..."

Well, MMG then asks "Do they make you exit the building at about that hour? Do they rush you to exit?", and I just say... "NOPE"; and he has the nerve of asking: "Then, why do you leave at that hour?"

Now that was nice, that's what I'm talking about!! My mind gives like a 5 really "cool" answers, but I didn't use any (lame me). I mean, just for starters, that's the hour you guys settled in the contract, bad luck if you don't like it now. I just told him I've got classes to go to, and I have to be there at 6, or I won't get in. This one's inspiring me to write another list: 5 really GOOD answers to "why do you leave at 5?".

Write some suggestions on comments, and maybe I'll list those too.

No comments: